- The children who can be referred to the Dene Communication Centre must be attending an Early Years provision within North Tyneside.
- Places at Dene Communication Centre are allocated through referral via the LEAPS panel.
- Children will attend the Dene Communication Centre for 2 full consecutive days each week from 9.30-2.30pm and attend their mainstream settings on the remaining days.
- The DCC team will work closely with the child's mainstream setting.
- They will attend the Centre for 7/8 weeks and then on the 8/9th week a member of the team will visit the child in their mainstream nursery to liaise with the staff.
- Three DCC blocks are held during each school year, with two groups beginning in the Autumn term (slightly shorter term due to some settings’ initial attendance policies), two groups in Spring term and two groups in the Summer term.
Return to DCC Menu