Who we are
- The Language and Communication Team (LCT) is an authority-wide commissioned service based within Benton Dene School which includes the specialist nursery, Dene Communication Centre (DCC).
- The team is staffed by specialist teachers and specialist support assistants who provide exciting learning opportunities and support for the children, and communicate at the right level.
- High quality speech and language therapy and learning experiences are provided to children who require intensive and specialist support.
- We offer a structured language based curriculum which meets the individual needs of each child.
- DCC staff team members are: Julie Young, Jo Patterson & Ursula Carson. The Speech and Language Therapists are Joanne Johnson and Sarah Fagan and the Educational Psychologist is Gail Munro. They work in partnership with parents and mainstream settings.
Dene Communication Centre