The Curriculum, Planning and Delivery
- Children experience a range of nursery activities in accordance with the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) curriculum with an emphasis on speech, language and communication skills.
- Activities are carefully planned to meet each child's speech, language and communication needs following consultation with the child's Speech and Language Therapist, mainstream setting and parents.
- We promote positive attitudes in children to themselves and others, which will enable a child to progress socially.
- The DCC offers a total communication environment where a range of visual strategies are used to help support children's speech, language, communication and learning.
- We encourage parents to work in partnership with the DCC, mainstream teachers and the child themselves, so that together we can provide quality experiences, guidance and resources.
- We deliver structured speech and language activities in as many enjoyable and fun ways as possible.
Return to DCC Menu