Who are We?
- The Language and Communication Team (LCT) is a North Tyneside commissioned service based within Benton Dene School which includes the specialist nursery, Dene Communication Centre (DCC).
- The team is staffed by specialist teachers and specialist support assistants. We provide advice, support and teaching strategies for pupils with specific language and communication needs in a variety of educational settings. These include children with social communication difficulties and autism spectrum disorders.
- All team members have additional specialist qualifications in the areas of speech, language and communication.
- The team works closely with parents, educational settings and a range of other agencies.
- Our team members are: Hilary Beavers, Kim Graham, Gemma Kendal, Marjorie Newton, Jenny Wilkie, Sue Wilson, Ursula Carson, Charlotte Castle & Carolyn Todd.
- DCC team members are: Julie Young, Jo Patterson & Ursula Carson